Are you looking for an organization that provides an open and collaborative environment? A culture that embraces individual growth utilizing a team oriented concept? At Big-D Construction we Think Big, Work Big, Live Big.
Looking for a SR. Estimator to join our Big-D Signature team located in Park City UT.
- Bachelor degree in construction management or engineering
- 7+ years’ experience as an Estimator for a commercial general contractor
- Construction field experience preferred
- Ability to identify, understand and resolve complex issues
- Support client expectations and needs
- Excellent computer skills, typing, Microsoft Office Suite, and Bluebeam
- Consistently produces accurate work and has excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Result oriented
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Maintains industry knowledge and awareness of current market conditions
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally
Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations: (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs)
- Maintain a high-level of general technical construction knowledge such as building types, building codes, building systems, LEED/sustainable design and construction, etc.
- Attend and actively participate in design and other project meetings, both with the client and the A/E
- Develop a project specific Request For Proposal for distribution to subcontractors including but not limited to, instructions to bidders, contract documents, logistics, phasing, schedule, bid forms for pricing and schedule, and a list of documents
- Defines work scope solicit and select subcontractors
- Proficient in quantity takeoffs and organizing and assembling estimates
- Successful in hard bidding projects, organizing scopes of work and bid evaluation
- Proficient in conceptual estimating through the CM Process (Program, Schematic, DD, CD, etc) working with architects and engineers in design, successful in managing the construction budget.
- Understands means and methods of construction.
- Understands CPM Scheduling. Clearly communicates with Subcontractors schedule expectations.
- Knows unit costs of different construction materials and labor
- Knows overall SF cost of construction for different building types
- Knows typical/average system costs for multiple building types, i.e. foundations, substructure, superstructure, exterior skin, roofing, interiors, etc.
- Successful in leading a design build project team (Architects, Engineers, Design Build Subcontractors)
- Understands Value Analysis process and can lead a working sessions
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors
- Leads preconstruction to operations turnover meetings
- Manage multiple projects at a time
- Proficient in presenting estimates to a client.
- Participates in forecast meetings and tracks budget vs. actual costs through construction
- Proficient in financial risk management
- Supports Big-D’s mission and values as well as all policies and procedures
- Set a good example within the team
Big-D Signature, an elite partner of Big-D Construction, is an ensemble of veteran artisans and seasoned craftsmen who are dedicated to creating a project as unique as your thumbprint. The result? Cutting-edge construction that breathes life into glass, stone, steel, wood, and concrete. Fanatical craftsmanship leads to stunning structures that our clients call “works-of-art.” It’s our Signature -- and that’s what it stands for.