Are you looking for an organization that provides an open and collaborative environment? A culture that embraces individual growth utilizing a team oriented concept? At Big-D Construction we Think Big, Work Big, Live Big.
Big-D Signature in Park City has an exciting growth opportunity for a skilled craftsman looking to take their career to the next level.
- Solid and thorough understanding of various tools and components of systems
- Understands plans and shop drawings and how to translate and relay information to others.
- Thorough understanding in reading, interpreting, and processing shop drawings, plans, specifications and other documents is required.
- Basic OSHA and similar training is necessary; training will be provided.
- Ability to understand and capture safety concerns and issues for team members.
- Ability to follow verbal directions, implement changes, and monitor material and equipment usage.
- Required to be exact or highly accurate and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to identify proper tools for specific functions.
- Ability to listen and follow directions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to be responsible for the health and safety of others by working safely.
- Ability to adhere to strict quality control measures.
- Ability to read and understand a tape measure and/or other measuring devices.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations: (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs)
- Leads crew members according to superintendent’s directions.
- Assists superintendent in the following activities in their crew: developing and building a working relationship with co-workers, motivating crew to ensure quality and sustained Big-D values, evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, coordinating work and activities of others, resolving conflicts and negotiating with others.
- Reads, studies, and analyzes plans and diagrams to fully understand the layout and to determine the dimensions of the structure or form to be constructed.
- Makes decisions and solves problems related to the construction work. Confirms decision, if necessary, with superintendent.
- Determines the best area to place the best employees to ensure the efficient completion of the project. The Foreman/Forewoman must be able to evaluate employees and determine how each employee can help accomplish the job of completing a construction project.
- Schedule employees.
- Monitors employees to ensure that the work is getting done efficiently and within quality standards and makes personnel changes as necessary.
- Judges the quality of materials and services to ensure quality of work.
- Interprets the meaning of information from plans and supervisors for others.
- Estimates the quantifiable characteristics of products, events, or information.
- Performs safety inspections as necessary per direction from supervisor.
- Monitors processes, materials, and/or surroundings.
- Adheres to and performs functions according to company and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Updates and uses relevant knowledge to complete own work.
- Performs other duties as determined and required by project need.
- Inspects equipment, structures, premises, and/or materials for evidence of deterioration or damage.
- Drafts, lays out, and specifies technical devices, parts, and equipment.
- Ensures that grade and elevation are exactly according to plans.
Want to thrive in our environment? Here s how:
- Use your expertise to make a positive difference every day.
- Be safety oriented A our goal is a zero injury workplace.
- Offer solutions, not complaints. Find ways to move a project forward for the client and the owners.
- Always be engaged in developing yourself professionally.
Come work for an employer that cares about all of its employees.
Interpersonal skills are valuable working in team settings. In other words, you have to be a good communicator, enjoy working with others and have an ability to build camaraderie.
Big-D was founded in 1967 to be a relationship-based, customer-focused company. Those fundamentals remain at the center or our organization today, along with our mission to be the most sought after Construction Company in the business. That s why, year after year, more than 90 percent of our work comes from repeat customers and long-standing relationships (not to mention being ranked by Engineering News Record as one of the nation s Top 400 Contractors for nearly three decades).
- FREE Medical and Dental Insurance with a contribution from Big-D into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term/Short Term Disability and other supplemental benefits
- 401k w/ match
- Paid Time Off
- Company Mobile Phone
- Opportunities to learn and grown within the company.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Big-D Construction.