Are you looking for an organization that provides an open and collaborative environment? A culture that embraces individual growth utilizing a team oriented concept? At Big-D Construction we Think Big, Work Big, Live Big.
Big-D is looking for experienced Carpenters to work on multi-million dollar residential homes in the mountains of Park City, Utah.
- FREE Medical & Dental Insurance
- HSA (Health Savings Account) with Employer Contribution
- 401k with Match
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Other Supplemental Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in different form work and systems, concrete placement and removal, and concrete finishing (if necessary)
- Commercial construction experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Solid and thorough understanding of various tools and components of systems
- Understands plans and shop drawings and how to translate and relay information to others.
- Thorough understanding of reading, interpreting, and processing shop drawings, plans, specifications, and other documents is required.
- Basic OSHA and similar training is necessary; training will be provided.
- Ability to understand and capture safety concerns and issues for team members.
- Ability to follow verbal directions, implement changes, and monitor material and equipment usage.
- Required to be exact or highly accurate and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to identify proper tools for specific functions.
- Ability to listen and follow directions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to be responsible for the health and safety of others by working safely.
- Ability to adhere to strict quality control measures.
- Ability to read and understand a tape measure and/or other measuring devices
Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations: (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs)
- Builds rough wooden and steel structures, such as concrete forms, scaffolds, and other rough carpentry items according to sketches, blueprints, or oral instructions.
- Could also be involved with installation of protection (floors, walls, casework, etc.), installation of doors, hardware, trim, division 10 specialties, completion of minor punch list items and minor touch-up, demolition, and other daily items that might arise due to project conditions, schedule, and needs from project management.
- Assists foreman for the following activities in their crew: developing and building a working relationship with co-workers, motivating crew to ensure quality and sustained Big-D values, evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, coordinating work and activities of others, resolving conflicts and negotiating with others.
- Reads, studies, and analyzes plans and diagrams, with the help of the foreman, to fully understand the layout and to determine the dimensions of the structure or form to be constructed.
- Performs safety inspections as necessary per direction from supervisor.
- General layout of/for woodworking projects.
- Assembles and fastens material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
- Anchors and braces forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers, or other forms of attachments.
- Accurately erects forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tools, plumb rule, and level.
- Fabricates, assembles, and/or dissembles parts by hand or by woodworking and metalworking machines.
- Climbs ladders, concrete form work, or any other structures necessary to erect form work and access elevated areas.
- Moves and lifts heavy objects.
- Uses basic carpentry and concrete fabrication techniques.
- Regular, timely, and predictable attendance is required for this position.
- Cuts or saws boards, timbers, or plywood to required dimension, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
- Bores holes in timber, masonry or concrete walls, using power drill.
Hazards: May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold as well as certain unsafe environments. Hard Hat, Safety Vest, Glasses & gloves will be provided by Big-D. Safety orientation, drug test and background check are requirements before starting work.
*Must own your own tools. Tools will be discussed in interview.
Big-D Signature, an elite partner of Big-D Construction, is an ensemble of veteran artisans and seasoned craftsmen who are dedicated to creating a project as unique as your thumbprint. The result? Cutting-edge construction that breathes life into glass, stone, steel, wood, and concrete. Fanatical craftsmanship leads to stunning structures that our clients call “works-of-art.” It’s our Signature -- and that’s what it stands for.
NOTE: Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Big-D Construction.